· Read A Walk in the Rain with a Brain to the students.
· Discussion Qs:
o What lesson(s) is Fred the brain trying to teach us? (we’re all smart in our own ways, it’s important to try, persevere/keep going, believe in yourself)
o How can you take care of your brain to make it stronger? (asking questions, trying new things, being healthy, thinking positively)
· Give students the "My Brain is Awesome" worksheet:
- Cartoon drawing of your brain (can use color, can do whatever you want because it’s YOUR brain)
- 3 things your brain is really good at (not including sports); encourage specificity (examples such as “multiplication facts”, “solving problems with friends”, etc.)
- 3 thoughts you can think while taking a test to be more confident (I had to give examples of the OPPOSITE to help them understand this)